For research and instruction resources on Advanced Spatial Analysis in the Population Sciences and Spatial Demography.
This site offers General Resources:
- Journals—A linked list of academic journals that regularly publish content related to GIS and population science.
- Spatial Analysis Tools—Contains descriptions and links to numerous types of software commonly used by researchers in GIS and population science. Also included are a number of tutorials to help introduce you to these tools.
- Key Websites—Links to other websites, research projects, data sources, and training programs.
- Workshops—Content created from GISpopsci residential workshops. Includes slide, video, and audio presentations; notes, exercises, and reading lists.
- Webinars—Online seminars about current topics in GIScience and population science. View content from past webinars or sign up for a future one.
- Curriculae—Curriculum and syllabi from around the world are available to help you understand how others are teaching students about GIS and population science.
- Topics in GIS and Population Science—Introductory articles on various important topics in GIS and Population Science.
and news about current Research in Action:
- Explore Views—Read the Future Directions in Spatial Demography report for expert’s comments on the future of spatial demography.
- Research Projects—Review the Project Registry to learn about current research in spatial demography.
- News and Events—Keep up on news and events related to in spatial demography.
This project is a collaboration between the Population Research Institute (The Pennsylvania State University) and the Center for Spatially Integrated Social Science (University of California, Santa Barbara). The development of this site was funded, in part, by the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD).
Follow the links below to learn more about the program’s: