Welcome to GISpopsci.org
We provide research and instruction resources for those working in Advanced Spatial Analysis in the Population Sciences and Spatial Demography.
On this site we offer General Resources:
- GISPopSci Bibliography—Contains thousands of selected citations applicable to spatial demography and the population sciences.
- Journals—A linked list of academic journals that regularly publish content related to GIS and population science.
- Spatial Analysis Tools—Contains descriptions and links to numerous types of software commonly used by researchers in GIS and population science. Also included are a number of tutorials to help introduce you to these tools.
- Key Websites—Links to other websites, research projects, data sources, and training programs.
- Workshops—Content created from our in-person intense workshops. Includes slide, video, and audio presentations; notes, exercises, and reading lists.
- Webinars—Online seminars about current topics in GIScience and population science. View content from past webinars, or sign up for a future one.
- Curriculae—Curriculum and syllabi from around the world, to help you understand how others are teaching students about GIS and population science.
- Topics in GIS and Population Science—Introductory articles on various important topics in GIS and Population Science
and news about current Research in Action:
- Explore Views—Read the Future Directions in Spatial Demography report for expert’s comments on the future of spatial demography.
- Current Research Projects – Review our Project Registry to learn about current research in spatial demography.
- News and Events – Keep up on news and events related to in spatial demography.
This project is a colloboration between the Population Research Institute (The Pennsylvania State University) and the Center for Spatially Integrated Social Science (University of California, Santa Barbara). We are funded by the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD). Follow the links below to learn more about the program’s: